Leading Housewares Innovation Since 1851
While Taylor traces its history back to 1851, Rob Kay and the private equity firm Centre Partners teamed up in the Summer of 2012 to acquire Taylor Precision Products as a platform from which to create a global leader in the housewares industry. At the time, Taylor was focused exclusively on scale and measurement products, and with commanding market positions in these categories, the company had pervasive distribution across all classes of trade. Rob’s vision was to build upon this infrastructure and become a full spectrum provider of houseware products selling into these same channels, and thereby offering a greater value proposition to its customers and the consumer.
Our Business Model is Centered On:
- Best-in-class design and engineering
- Substantial, talented in-house product development function
- Leader in innovation and champion of stylish, relevant products that meet consumers needs
- Highly efficient, low cost supply chain capability
- Global ability to bring products to market
- Value-added conduit for external inventors and smaller product developers to commercialize, win, and retain sales distribution
- Focus on brand building and direct-to-consumer marketing
- Industry leading online marketing and commerce capabilities
- Proven capability for developing both trade and direct to consumer marketing programs to build sustainable brands and product categories
Timeline of Taylor Acquisitions
At Taylor, we support the communities where we live and work. We’ve held food drives, planted vegetable gardens, coordinated holiday gift giving programs, and fundraised for charity walks and runs. We’re always looking for more opportunities to serve – for production donation requests or community service opportunities, please reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.